Thursday 10 February 2011

Amateur Art.


I recently posted a picture of a piece of 'amateur art' that I found in my local charity shop and here is another slightly more accomplished painting I came across today on my travels.

I love collecting these pieces by unknown artists because I love to see how others have expressed their creative side, and I value them together as a collection of found objects each with its own story to tell. Also I just love art but can't afford the stuff in posh galleries!


I think the one above is my favourite I've found so far. And it only cost £1!
I'd love to start another collection of amateur portraits but I haven't been lucky enough to come across any yet. It seems we Irish are just too enamoured of our beautiful scenery to want to paint anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment