Tuesday 31 January 2012

Chesterfield love.



Here she is in all her glory. The beautiful new sofa of my dreams. I believe I've spoken on here of my hatred of the cream leather number that came with our rented house so when I bought not one but two new sofas in the space of a week there was the glaring problem of where to put them. Luckily my lovely landlady had another empty house she was able to put the cream fugliness into and now we have a lovely living room filled with our own treasure.


Chesterfields (and burgundy chesterfields to be specific) are the only exception to my hatred of leather sofas and I feel like a real grown up now that I own such a sohisticated piece of furniture. I suppose it really ought to be sitting in a library which smells of rich mahogany and is filled with many leather-bound books but that will have to wait until our next house.

Here's the red one below which is really cosy and looks lovely with my Peruvian blanket over the back. We bought both pieces from charity shops and even though the chesterfield cost five times the price of the red one, it was still a fraction of what it must be worth. Plus this is a forever sofa.


The weird little creature is the worm out of the film 'Labyrinth' (he's freaked out several visitors already) and the cushion came back with us from honeymoon in Santorini. But it's the sofa that I love most. You may have gathered that.


No comments:

Post a Comment