Monday 30 January 2012

Lamp progress and a new find.


You may have seen the flower lampshade in my recent post but I've now painted the lamp stand pink to match it. I didn't have the sense to take a 'before' picture but it was plain brown wood and from the 70s probably. I put masking tape over the metal bands and left a stripe of wood showing through.
I still need to wax and varnish the paint but I'm far too impatient to wait any longer to use it.

You may also notice a new and rather fabulous piece of furniture that Danny is reclining on in these pictures. A grown-up sofa which I am head over heels about. More pictures to come.


And here's my latest find. I volunteer in a charity shop one morning a week and the other day this gorgeous old bowl came in. Fortunately for me the shop doesn't sell anything that is damaged and this has a monster of a chip in the rim so I wasted no time in dragging it home with me, in return for a donation to the charity of course. 

 I'm no expert but I'd wager that this was once part of a basin and pitcher set from a wash stand and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the best part of a hundred years old. Feel free to enlighten me though!

No comments:

Post a Comment