Wednesday 25 January 2012

New Bar!


I bought this little gem in my local charity shop recently and it's sitting in our living room, awaiting a makeover. I must admit I've seen much more fabulous bars for sale before but very rarely and always at a price so I think this was a good find. 


I stole the glass cabinet for my new craft room so this has taken its place. I've thrown all our fancy glasses and cocktail equipment in there for now but plans are afoot to give it a new lease of life. I'm thinking mignight blue or possibly purple on the outside and if it's at all affordable I'd love to put gold leaf in the inside. We shall see.

I'm planning to make it look a bit art deco though I think it might actually be more 30s or 40s. What do you think? And how would you paint it? Feel free to comment with some inspiration.


Chin chin!

No comments:

Post a Comment