Wednesday 25 January 2012

A saucy little chair


Introducing the sexiest chair around! About 3 years ago I went to a vintage fair with my Aussie friend Gemma and she bought this fabulous little chair plastered all over with pin-up girls.

Skip forward to a few months ago and Gemma was moving back home (by random fate with her boyfriend who is a childhood friend and neighbour of mine!) and needed rid of some of her belongings so I was lucky enough to be able to buy this off her. the Australian import authorities are notoriously strict so there was no chance she could get a piece of wood into the country. Her loss was my gain.


Can't you just imagine sitting on this chair at your huge dressing table in your impossibly glamorous 1930s dressing gown? I wish people still dressed like that these days - silk underwear and velvet evening dresses and hats with net and long gloves and diamonds at breakfast! I think I was born in the wrong era.

Thanks Gemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment