Friday 4 May 2012

Dear photograph



Dear Photograph,
I found this photo of my mother’s parents while looking through her most beloved things after she had suddenly passed away.  My grandfather, who I never met, had written on the back of the photo; ” Yoyita, every time you see this photo remember an unforgettable Sunday for me.” Now I know why my mother knew how to love her husband and children with such an honest and pure love….she learned it from her parents. 
Thank you Mom, we will never forget to love.
Alejandra

I don't know if you've ever come across this adorable website called dear photograph This evening I spent a while scouring through all the revisited photographs and acompanying letters. Perhaps I'm particularly emotional today but they had me in tears! I found these pictures on there, go on over and spend a while. They have a book out now too.

Doesn't it inspire you to revisit the scenes of your childhood photos and do the same?



Dear Photograph,
Back in 1970, when I was 7 years old, I went to the Dime store and bought my Dad this huge joke cigar and I was so excited to give it to him. Like a trooper, he smoked the whole thing.  It had to have been the worst cigar he ever smoked, but he never let on. I miss my Dad.
Steve



Dear Photograph,
Thirty two years later I went searching for the ghosts of my parents who never made it back from this trip to Spain. After two weeks of investigative work, I found the place where this photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment